Buffalo Technology, has announced the availability of TeraStation ES, an affordable, larger capacity NAS device with robust RAID 5 capability for small to medium businesses. As the successor to TeraStation Pro II, Buffalo’s new NAS device is equipped with a different processor power and memory that enables faster high speed data transfer rate of up to 62MB/s.
The new Buffalo TeraStation ES is a fully populated device with 4 bays and 4 drives that support RAID level, 0, 1, 5, 10 and standard. It also features Dual Connectivity for port trunking, UPS connectivity and an in-built print server feature that allows users to print documents from anywhere in their network.
“The TeraStation ES is a perfect solution for the small/medium business or home office, looking for an affordable, larger capacity, easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage, redundant NAS device,” said Jasem Al Roomi, Director at Buffalo Advantec FZCO. “With Realtime Backup Replication and Hot Swop functionality, the new TeraStation allows for reliability with fast recovery from hard drive failures, even without the need to power down.”
With the redundancy of four separate hard drives in RAID 5 or RAID 1 modes, Buffalo’s TeraStation ES makes sure data is safe even if a hard drive fails. Featuring Hot Swop and Hot Spare features, if a drive fails, the TeraStation ES switches the failed drive to a spare drive, enabling users to safely remove and replace it without losing any data or down time. The replication function allows the connection of a second TeraStation via USB or LAN ports to improve reliability, fault tolerance or accessibility.
Other key features include:
• Active Directory Support – simplify the management of each TeraStation
• Automatic Disk Encryption
• Logging access function
• Quota Management – prevent misuse of disk space by allocating the right amount of space by user
• Supports NFS – can be mapped from UNIX so that a wide range of users can access the drives
• Supports Apple Time Machine
• Schedule Power Management System – for flexible power management, save up to 66%, reduce CO2 omissions. Automatically turns on and shuts down with PC.
• PC Interlocking Power Management System
• In-Built DLNA CERTIFIED™ media server
• In-Built BitTorrent™ Client
• Seamlessly integrates with iTunes® and allows access to music files on the TeraStation
Pricing and Availability
Available in 2TB, 4TB, 6TB or 8TB capacities, the Buffalo TeraStation™ ES comes with 3-years’ warranty. First launched at CES, the device will be shipping across EMEA from mid January and will be available from leading retailers and authorized Buffalo business solution partners in the Middle East at an estimated street price of:
TS-XE2.0TL/R5EU 2.0TB (2TB) – $919.99
TS-XE4.0TL/R5EU 4.0TB (4TB) – $1,219.99
TS-XE6.0TL/R5EU 6.0TB (6TB) – $1,679.99
TS-XE8.0TL/R5EU 8.0TB (8TB) – $2,129.99