Dubai Design District (d3) has launched a multi-use mobile application hosting light fidelity (LiFi) technology, which provides a portable interactive guide of the design district direct to users’ smartphones. It is said to be the first deployment of this technology in the Middle East, developed by Zero1, which recently won an award for the app at the French Tech Dubai UAE Award 2017.
Mohammad Saeed Al Shehhi, Chief Operating Officer of d3, said: “As a strategic partner to Smart Dubai , d3 follows a holistic approach to enhance the quality of life and work of our business partners through the delivery of smart concepts and services. The implementation of these Smart initiatives demonstrates our commitment to providing an efficient, seamless, safe and impactful experience to our residents and visitors.”
Other initiatives that have been implemented to date, or are in progress at d3 to support the vision of making Dubai the smartest city on earth include:
– ICT masterplan guidelines – a comprehensive set of smart infrastructure guidelines any city can use to design smart services and smart districts. These guidelines are the first-of-its-kind in the world and represent a key milestone in Dubai’s journey towards becoming a Smart City.
– Integrated data virtualisation – A bespoke platform that connects various data systems and allows centralized control to receiving real-time information on occupancy, people flow and energy consumption enabling actionable intelligence.
– Sustainability – Through the installation of smart meters, solar rooftops and energy dashboards, tenants can achieve energy consumption reductions of 12 – 30%
– Time Saving – Improving efficiency through zero touch smart security the 1st 3D facial recognition access control in the region.
– Connectivity – The smart Wifi system installed allows the monitoring of crowd location and movement useful for events management. The WiFi connectivity is supplemented by LiFi used to provide an interactive guide of the design district via the d3 mobile app.