According to the two companies, integrating Jasper’s IoT service platform with Gemalto’s LinqUs On-Demand Connectivity removes the complexity of deploying connected services worldwide – for mobile operators, device manufacturers, and application providers. Customers can provision and manage subscriptions on devices remotely via a single embedded SIM (eSIM), resulting in more efficient and cost-effective deployment models while enabling rapid distribution and device activation.
“Enterprises across every industry are already looking to deliver IoT services to their customers today, but the ability to expand those services globally across multiple mobile operators can be daunting,” said Macario Namie, VP Strategy at Jasper. “This partnership enables mobile operators to benefit from a pre-integrated solution which reduces complexity for all. Joining forces with Gemalto means connected devices can be transferred seamlessly between networks to take advantage of local operator support, comply with international roaming restrictions and address cost constraints.”
“Our customers can dramatically increase opportunities and growth across IoT verticals such as mHealth, automotive, and consumer electronics that rely on seamless cross border connectivity,” said Benoit Jouffrey, VP of On-Demand Connectivity at Gemalto. “The integration of the two technologies, currently under deployment with lead customers, expedites go-to-market timelines and optimizes IoT investments.”
Gemalto’s On-Demand Subscription Manager (OSM) and the Jasper IoT service platform enable the management of Global eSIMs, providing network operators and enterprises with the following advantages:
- Single SIM for Manufacturing & Distribution – Enterprises benefit from a single SIM for both manufacturing and distribution across all geographies, eliminating the need for physical substitution – regardless of the device’s destination country.
- Worldwide Operator Alliance Framework – With the Jasper platform, a Global eSIM can be configured as local on operator networks worldwide, providing enterprises with a single service level agreement (SLA) and point of contact for service and support across multiple operators
- Single Global Operations Interface – The Jasper Control Center provides a common view of all devices worldwide – across multiple mobile operators – including network status and diagnostics.
- Automated Lifecycle Management – Devices’ mobile subscriptions are automatically updated over the air (OTA) throughout the lifecycle.
- Local Service & Usage Plans – The integrated solution will provide local regulatory compliance worldwide, while localized rate plans provide the ability to control and predict costs globally.