Today, Riverbed Technology, the performance company, announced a new framework for its worldwide Riverbed Partner Network (RPN) program that is designed to accelerate partnership momentum with new tools, resources and profitability programs.
This phase of the RPN program focuses on creating mutual success for value-added resellers (VARs) by introducing new enablement programs, enhanced profitability programs to reward partners and support their business growth, and enriched training programs to increase partners’ competency across the entire Riverbed performance platform, Riverbed said.
A new specialisation framework through Technology Authorisation Paths (TAPs) empower partners to focus on building competency and selling the products and solutions that are best suited for their skills, target markets, and expertise.
As a part of this framework, Riverbed is making a significant investment in building partners’ competency around the Riverbed performance platform and across the entire Riverbed product portfolio, which spans WAN optimisation, edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), application-aware network performance management (NPM), application delivery, web content optimisation (WCO), and cloud data protection for backup, archive and disaster recovery.
To ensure partners are well versed on the Riverbed performance platform, the company is introducing a new partner training program that includes an extensive offering of online training classes and curriculum that are role based – from basic to advanced sales, and pre-sales. In addition, the new profitability programs are geared to help partners build a strong financial business model when they partner with Riverbed to solve customers’ complex IT problems with performance solutions.
This next phase of the RPN program includes new enhancements for VARs:
- Capacity Planning: New business planning tools enable partners to understand market opportunities and to collaboratively work with Riverbed to maximize market coverage for the full portfolio of solutions. TAP specialisations are a core element of this business planning.
- Building Partner Competency: Partners can now enhance their skills in performance solutions with an on-demand, online learning series on all Riverbed solutions for sales and certification. In addition, the Riverbed Performance Summit tour being held in more than 50 cities worldwide provides additional education and awareness for the full portfolio of Riverbed solutions.
- Engagement: More than 95% of Riverbed business is sold through the channel. Riverbed is increasing channel, regional, and specialised sales teams, along with value-added distribution resources, to work with partners on customer engagements and sales activities.
- Marketing: New resources added to RPN are designed to drive customer demand while building stronger and mutually beneficial partnerships that increase the partners’ ability to sell more solutions that directly address a broad range of performance problems experienced by global organisations. Riverbed has made enhancements in key areas to support partners’ marketing initiatives, including a new partner portal, solution marketing campaigns and management tools, MDF portal site, and automatic website content syndication service. Additionally, by participating in a TAP, partners are rewarded for the specialised focus with additional tools, resources, training, and recognition.
- Profitability Programs: In addition to the program’s current deal registration and growth incentives, Riverbed is working closely with partners to expand their opportunities with TAP specialisations and focused target account efforts.