Samsung Gulf Electronics, yesterday launched the 2012 Samsung Smart TV lineup that the company says is set to redefine the way in which consumers manage their home entertainment experience and interact with their TV’s.
The launch event which is taking place at the Fashion Avenue in Dubai Mall will run through April 11th to April 14th, giving consumers the chance to interact with the products and familiarise themselves with the innovative features that are designed to make the home entertainment experience more interactive and enjoyable, the company said.
Vinod Nair, GM, TV business at Samsung Gulf Electronics, said, “Samsung’s latest Smart TV line-up stems from our vision to provide consumers with the most innovative products in home entertainment. Samsung is a pioneer in the Smart TV segment and this lineup continues to raise the bar in design, performance and picture quality in addition to a host of interactive features that offer viewers more content, a smarter interface, intuitive controls and more. This unbeatable portfolio of Samsung Smart TVs will provide an interactive, personalized experience beyond just web browsing and broadcast television.”
According to Nair, Samsung’s prowess in the Middle East region is only due to the company’s commitment to innovation. “Samsung Gulf has managed to hold onto 35% of the market in terms of volume and 41% in terms of market share and revenue. This has only been possible due to our constant efforts to create innovative and intelligent products that meet the demands of the current market,” he said.
The new family of Smart TVs encompasses Samsung’s three guiding philosophies that equip consumers with the future of Smart TV technology including:
- Smart Interaction is an intuitive platform based on motion control, voice control, and face recognition commands for the TV. Recognising 26 languages including Arabic, users can turn the TV on or off, activate selected apps or search for content in the web browser simply by speaking and with a wave of hand consumers can turn the volume and channel up or down browse and choose a link or content via the web browser.
- Smart Content includes the expansion of more robust and personalised content through Smart TV apps, Family Story, Fitness and Kids.
- Smart Evolution is defined by Samsung’s new Evolution Kit. Each year, the Smart TV range will be upgradable through the Smart Evolution Kit.
According to Samsung, the new Samsung Smart TVs are also equipped with exclusive services such as:
- Family Story – Family story is a cloud based offering that enables users to share content such as, photos, messages, reminders on a virtual bulletin board. Family story is accessible through various Samsung devices including TV’s, mobile phones, tablets and even PC’s.
- Fitness: This feature gives consumers a convenient way to stay healthy. The TV’s built-in camera splits the TV into two screens to create a virtual mirror to let users monitor their exercise routine. Users can also connect their Samsung TV to a Samsung smart phone via a mobile Fitness app, or connect to a WiFi-enabled scale to manage their weight goals.
- Kids: The new Smart TV’s offer a wealth of edutainment and games in a kid-friendly interface that parents can control and monitor.
Samsung’s premium Smart TV lineup includes the ES8000 series which comes in 46-inch and 55-inch models and the ES7500 series, which is available in 40-inch, 46-inch and 55-inch models.
The ES series offers cutting-edge technologies that deliver an enhanced viewing experience in 2D and 3D, a built-in Flash Player 10.2, a slim 5mm bezel, Micro Dimming Ultimate and a dual-core processor that lets users multitask by surfing the web while using or downloading multiple apps simultaneously, representatives said.
Samsung Smart TV’s are now available across all major retail outlets and start from AED 6,599 up to AED12,999.