Symantec announced version 6.0 of the company’s storage management and high availability products. With this release, Symantec enables IT organizations to build private clouds by transforming their existing infrastructure. Organizations can manage entire business services end-to-end with built in resiliency, even if the business service is run across multiple virtualization technologies, operating systems, and storage platforms.
This release spans multiple products in Symantec’s portfolio including its flagship VeritasStorage Foundation 6.0, Veritas Cluster Server 6.0, and Veritas Operations Manager 4.1.
“IT architects appreciate the promise of the private cloud, but beneath the hype they are grappling with very real questions,” said Anthony Harrison, Solution Architect for Symantec MENA. “How do I transform my infrastructure to make it more agile? How do I give it the characteristics of a public cloud without compromising on availability and security?”
“Much has changed in the industry in the five years since Symantec’s industry-leading storage management and high availability software Storage Foundation HA 5.0 was first released.”
New products Announced:
• Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0
• Veritas Cluster Server 6.0
• Veritas Operations Manager 4.1
• Symantec ApplicationHA 6.0
• Veritas Dynamic Multi-Pathing 6.0
• Veritas Cluster File System 6.0
• Veritas Replicator 6.0
• Symantec VirtualStore 6.0
• Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows 6.0
• Veritas Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC 6.0
• Veritas Storage Foundation for Sybase ACE 6.0
Symantec announced version 6.0 of the company?s storage management and high availability products.