The new Sony Xperia SL reportedly has the same 4.3″ HD display as the Xperia S, that was recognised as having the sharpest HD smartphone display in a report from Strategy Analytics. Additionally both rear- and front-facing cameras deliver HD recording capabilities, with HD video chat and easy HDMI connectivity to TV for consumers to enjoy all their content on the big screen, representatives said.
Xperia SL features 12MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep to snap in just over a second with a single key press, and comes with a powerful 1.7GHz dual core processor for superfast performance and runs on Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), the company said.
Spyridon Gousetis, director of marketing, Sony Mobile Communications, Middle East and Africa said, “The Xperia SL continues the winning streak of the previous Xperia S. These next generation smartphones capture the thrill of high definition, and the design and form factor of the entire series allows people to do more. With innovative features like face unlock, we anticipate that Xperia SL will capture the imaginations of the young tech genius as well the business phone user.”
Providing premium entertainment, Xperia SL will come preloaded with Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited from Sony Entertainment Network, and is also PlayStation Certified. the device also includes three new media applications (WALKMAN, ALBUM and MOVIES) provide enhanced entertainment experiences, combining the best Sony technologies and social media connectivity to share content amongst friends.
The company said that the Xperia SL will be available at a retail price of AED 2049.
- 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with HD resolution screen, as well as front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording.
- HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA Sync to quickly and easily stream content on other screens.
- 32GB flash storage and 1.7GHz dual core processor gives consumers superfast performance for instant gaming, browsing and apps.
- 12MP rear camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile with fast capture to go from sleep to snap in just over a second.
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags