The Summit attracted over 100 attendees including CIOs, CISOs, IT Governance Directors, IT Risk Managers, IT Compliance Managers, and IT Audit and Assurance professionals who came to hear about approaches to achieve next-generation compliance, to improve their organisations’ governance, risk and compliance posture, as well as, to interact with a customer panel of IT Security leaders.
“This is the 3rd Summit we have had the privilege of hosting and once again it turned out to be a tremendous success. The event included discussions, analysis and deep understanding of IT Security challenges surrounding Compliance today and customers who attended were given real world insight into how Compliance has evolved and what proactive IT Security measures companies must undertake in order to consistently remain compliant.” said Mahmoud Nimer, General Manager, StarLink. “We pride ourselves in being able to provide these thought leadership events on an annual basis, and we look forward to next year’s Summit”, he added.
As is customary each year at the summit, certain individuals from customer organisations were honored with awards to showcase their Excellence in their field. The winners were:
- Abu Haque, ADCB, Senior Manager, IS Monitoring & Response – Excellence in Information Security Adoption Award
- Majeed Behzadi, Kuwait Finance House, Executive Manager – IT Infrastructure Planning and Security Management – Excellence in Information Security Programme Management Award
- Amani Aljassmi, Dubai Municipality, Head of IS Security Section – Excellence in Information Security Awareness Award
- Mahran Bader, Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait, Senior Manager – IT Security – Excellence in Information Security Compliance Management Award
- Ghanem Elshahry, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance – CISO of the Year Award