Symantec has introduced Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud, a new solution for small and mid-sized businesses to protect them from targeted attacks and ransomware.
According to the latest Symantec Internet Security Threat Report, 65 percent of all targeted attacks struck small and mid-sized organisations in 2015 to steal valuable company information. Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud gives small business owners enterprise-grade protection in a solution that can be set up in less than five minutes and operated by someone with general IT knowledge.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is for organisations with less than 1,000 employees that are looking for an effective way to protect corporate and personal devices on the corporate network. Gartner indicated that by 2018, 95 percent of global enterprises will have both a Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) and a formal Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) plan in place. This expected flood of new devices will put increasing pressure on businesses with limited IT resources.
“Attackers no longer aim just for the Fortune 500. Small and mid-sized business owners must adopt the same vigilance against advanced attacks and deploy the same modern defense capabilities found in enterprise solutions like machine learning to protect their businesses,” said Javed Hasan, VP of Engineering, Symantec. “With Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud, we’re providing a cloud-based solution with all the features necessary to keep our SMB customers’ information secure without over-taxing already stretched IT departments.”
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud offers customers:
- Layered detection controls to protect endpoints from threats that are powered by advanced machine learning techniques and Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network
- Easy set up and deployment in under five minutes
- One place to manage all devices including: PCs, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and servers across Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- A reduction in IT administrative support with a self-service portal that allows employees to add new devices for protection
- Real-time updates on threat activity and compliance with a simple and easy to read dashboard
- Protection for up to five devices per employee under a single license fee
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud provides a single cloud-based console for endpoint protection, management, mobility and encryption, bringing users a solution that simplifies management and reduces total cost of operation, typical pain points for SMBs.
“To remain successful in today’s dynamic threat landscape, small and mid-sized businesses require the same robust technology built for larger businesses but with the ease-of-use and price point that enables them to protect themselves and their most valuable data assets,” said Jason Bystrak, Executive Director, North America, Ingram Micro Cloud. “We are pleased to add Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud to the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace portfolio as a key security solution for our reseller partners.”
Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is available in the US now and globally by the end of the year.