Your Voice is a new initiative hosted by CPI Media Group’s leading technology publishing arm Tahawul Tech.
We understand that more than the pressure on business to transform within rapidly changing economies and industries is higher than ever.
In the third edition, Your Voice will lead the discussion on the perennial problem of credit in the regional IT channel.
The Middle East IT channel firms continue to battle with credit challenges, while it is also the pillar on which business happens in the region. Over the last two years, we have seen several resellers and distributors fleeing the market overwhelmed with heavy and bad debts. While banks have slashed the credit limits recently, regional channel organisations continue to grapple with the issue of low margins.
In this edition, Your Voice gathered experts across distribution, reselling, systems integration and insurance firms to discuss how channel players can arrive at a solution to this problem and the responsibilities of each stakeholder.
TOPIC: Combating credit crunch
DATE: 14th September 2017
Our major talking points were:
- What is the current situation in terms of credit challenges in the market?
- What is the general approach when it comes to giving credit?
- How can credit frauds be controlled?
- How can situations like reseller runaways be avoided?
- Which stakeholder is most affected in such cases?
- What role can insurance companies play here?
- Is there information sharing within the industry?
- How will this help to prevent credit issues?
- What measures can be taken to prevent resellers from taking advantage of the credit facilities extended by distributors?
- As a distributor, have you had to decline orders when a reseller’s credit worthiness is questionable?
- How can vendors play a role here?
- How easy is it to work with credit insurance firms?
- How can the channel develop a financial transparency in the region?
- Do you think we need to move towards a creditless economy?
Your Voice will be featured across our publications and www.tahawultech.com with an aim to showcase your thought leadership and encourage all to support the region’s continued investment in technology departments.