Apple has launched its Apple Pay in the UAE today, which is expected to transform the mobile payments landscape in the region.
Apple Pay works with the Apple devices you use every day allowing you to make secure purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web. In stores, Apple Pay works with iPhone SE, iPhone 6 and later, and Apple Watch.
Online shopping in apps and on websites accepting Apple Pay is as simple as the touch of a finger with Touch ID, so there’s no need to manually fill out lengthy account forms or repeatedly type in shipping and billing information. When paying for goods and services on the go in apps or Safari, Apple Pay works with:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites
- Apple Watch in stores and apps
- Mac introduced in or after 2012 running macOS Sierra or later and Touch ID on MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- iOS 11 or later
- To update your device to iOS 11
- United Arab Emirates as your selected region
- An iCloud account
- Supported card from a participating bank
Apple Pay will support UAE credit and debit cards from MasterCard and Visa. Many of the UAE’s banks that support Apple Pay include Emirates NBD, Mashreq, RAKBank, and Emirates Islamic. Some of merchants available at launch include Starbucks, Apple Store, Debenhams, Boots, Virgin Megastore, Zara, Mango, Paul, Eataly, Harvey Nichols, Reiss, Babyshop, Homecentre and Carrefour UAE, among others