Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, marking the thirteenth time Fortinet has been recognised in this Magic Quadrant. Fortinet placed highest in Ability to Execute and is recognised for its Completeness of Vision in the Magic Quadrant.
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet said “No other NGFW comes close to delivering the same price/performance, consistent AI/ML-powered security for both on-prem users and remote users using SASE, as well as natively converged networking features such as SD-WAN and ZTNA. The key to FortiGate’s success is over two decades of organic innovation of our purpose-built ASIC technology and the FortiOS operating system. We believe it is this dedication to innovation that has led to Fortinet’s recognition as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls with the highest Ability to Execute”.
Fortinet believes that its placement as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls is a result of its ability to deliver:
- Protection against advanced threats with AI/ML-powered security and accelerated performance with purpose-built ASICS: FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver multiple AI/ML-powered security services, empowering IT to combat advanced cybersecurity threats and avoid business disruptions. Thanks to a unique, purpose-built ASIC architecture, FortiGate NGFWs are engineered to deliver the industry’s best ROI and price-to-performance across essential security services, such as IPS, antivirus, DNS and URL filtering, application control, and more. This advantage extends beyond the network to FortiClient endpoint agents offering unified in-line CASB and in-line sandboxing.
- Powerful Networking and Security Convergence: FortiGate is more than just an NGFW. Via the power of the FortiOS operating system, FortiGate delivers one of the top Secure SD-WAN solutions, includes a powerful LAN edge controller, enables the industry’s only universal ZTNA application gateway, and facilitates the convergence of NOC and SOC.
- Integration with enhanced Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution: Organisations that have already deployed FortiGate NGFWs and/or Fortinet Secure SD-WAN in the branch or data centre can seamlessly connect their remote users to FortiSASE for private access without needing an additional license. This integration extends Fortinet’s existing ability to deliver granular application access with Fortinet Universal ZTNA by adding broader application access with SD-WAN to support the most comprehensive set of private applications running at the data centre or public cloud, while also ensuring superior user experience.
- Unified IT operations with centralised management via FortiManager, aligning siloed IT teams through a single-pane-of-glass: FortiGate NGFWs are one of several products that enjoy single-pane management, automation, and visibility across the entire Fortinet Security Fabric, the industry’s highest performing cybersecurity mesh platform. This centralised management is enabled by FortiManager, and includes over 400 ecosystem partner integrations, simplified enterprise-wide workflows, and the maintenance of operational efficiency, while also delivering meaningful information to the NOC.
- Higher performance, environmentally sustainable: FortiGate NGFWs not only deliver higher performance, they also require significantly less power, helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals and reduce the carbon footprint of their IT infrastructure. With sustainability being a top-of-mind business concern for customers, Fortinet is committed to offering high-performance, low-power NGFWs that enable enterprises to use fewer firewalls to accomplish their business needs and reduce costs for space and cooling in the data centre. As an example, our latest NGFW, the FortiGate 1000F, showcases a 2 to 7.4x performance advantage and up to 7x lower power consumption.