Feras Abu Aladous, SE SR. Manager, META Enterprise Region at Juniper Networks on the AI & Cloud offerings at Juniper Networks.
Tell our readers about Juniper Networks.
At Juniper, we strive to deliver network experiences that transform how people connect, work and live. By challenging the inherent complexity in the 5G and cloud era, our solutions power the connections that matter most – from education to healthcare to secure banking. Our commitment is to advance real outcomes for network teams and every individual they serve.
We deliver a simplified experience for those who run networks and those who depend on them. We are relentlessly focused on putting our customers – the network architects, builders and operators – at the centre of all that we do, so that their customers – the team connecting on Zoom, the associate using a scanner in a store, the student during their online class – are as happy and productive as possible.
AI is changing the way we live and work. Tell us all about your AI innovation.
Our AI-innovation is driven around the following principles:
- Mission-Driven: Juniper’s AI solutions will further our mission of solving difficult problems in networking and/or security to the benefit of society.
- Transparent: Juniper will be transparent about when it uses Artificial Intelligence, including in which products.
- Explainable: Juniper will design AI-based products and solutions with a goal toward having explainable decision-making processes and intended impact.
- Inclusive and Empowering: Juniper will strive toward AI capabilities that minimise unintended bias towards people.
- Intentional Machine Learning: Juniper believes AI should be used to inform decision-making and to achieve desired objectives. It should not seek to (1) manipulate human experiences or (2) allocate essential resources or necessities without appropriate ability for intervention.
- Data Privacy and Security: Juniper will adopt recommended practices so that AI systems behave as intended, even when attackers try to interfere. Juniper will apply secure development techniques to minimise the possibility that ML models will violate or reveal underlying private data.
Cloud is the trend these days. What does Juniper’s Cloud portfolio look like?
With modern cloud services that span both the network and security domains, Juniper enables your business to scale elastically with minimal capital investment. This allows you to gain the agility and scalability of the cloud without compromising on operational simplicity.
Our cloud services uniquely apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to automate key tasks and proactively address networking issues before they impact the quality-of-service levels that you set. We also deliver detailed insight into user, device, and application behaviour and traffic patterns. With these capabilities, your business saves time and money while maximising the value of its network infrastructure.
The Juniper Mist IoT Assurance cloud service streamlines IT operations while securing network connections for headless IoT and BYOD devices. It uses Multi Pre-Shared Key (MPSK) or Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) as new types of identity and policy vectors to provide a simple yet comprehensive way to onboard client devices without relying on client MAC addresses.