CIOs from across the Middle East were celebrated last night at the CIO Leadership Awards 2022, which were hosted by CPI Media Group.
The event was held at the stunning Dubai Ritz-Carlton in JBR and attracted participation from the region’s key thought leaders and decision makers.
As CNME Editor Mark Forker explained during his opening keynote, the role of the CIO has evolved in the new digital economy, and the responsibilities of the job has transitioned away from the traditional IT service delivery to a much more strategic one.
“CIOs now are tasked with the responsibility of driving strategy, innovation and revenue growth as enterprises and organisations attempt to become ‘digital first’, which is a necessity to survive in thrive in the current economy”, said Forker.
Forker then moderated a panel discussion entitled ‘The key to success in the experience economy’ and was joined by Kinda Baydoun, Manager, Field Channel Sales, Middle East, Veeam, Rahil Ghaffar, Regional Director – MEA, Virsec, Anil Titus, Manager – Sales Engineering, Middle East, Turkey & Africa, Commvault and Loubna Imenchal, Head of Video Collaboration, AMECA, Logitech.
There was great representation across all key industry verticals with CIOs from the IT, Banking and Financial Services, Healthcare, Education, Government and the Oil and Gas industries all being recognised for demonstrating excellence in their roles and helping their organisations and entities to transform over the last 12 months.
The full list of CIO Leadership Award winners are:
- Mohamed Hamed from Platino Group (elSallab Ltd.).
- Aliasgar Bohari from Zulekha Hospital.
- Hadi Anwar from Group 42.
- Nithin Geo Thomas from Amity University Dubai.
- Jassim Haji from the Nasser Vocational Training.
- Mubarik Hussain from Bloom Holding
- Khalid Farooq from Shefa Al-Orman Foundation.
- Samit Jha from Laticrete International Inc.
- Jayesh Maganlal from Damac Properties.
- Gigi Mathew Thomas from Ittihad International Investment.
- Anindo Banerjee from Dubai Holding Entertainment.
- Aditya Kaushik from Adyard Abu Dhabi LLC.
- Manan Shah from Avalance Global Solutions.
- Hend Alshamsi from Ajman Municipality & Planning Department.
- Shah E Room Khan from Emirates College of Technology.
- Arul Jose Vigin from Dubai International Financial Centre Courts.
- Sreedhar Suragouni from Oman Insurance Company.
- Manish Bindra from Galadari Group.
- Eyad Kashkash from Al Ramz Corporation PJSC.
- Abdalla Al Ali from Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC).
- Entesar Ahmed Al Hosani from Environment Agency- Abu Dhabi.
- Fayaz Ahamed Badubhai from Al Yousuf Group.
- Saji Oommen from RAK Ceramics PJSC.
- Umesh Moolchandani from Bin Dasmal General Trading Co. LLC.
- Abdullah Abu-Hejleh from Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority (ADAFSA).
- Ahmed Ebrahim AlAhmad from Nakheel PJSC.
- Ramakrishnan Natarajan from Emirates Hospitals Group.
- Amina Abdulrahim from Engineering Office.
- Anish T Varughese from Skelmore Group.
- George Eapen from Petrofac Limited.
- Mathew Sheath from Majid Al Futtaim Global Solutions.
- Ken Maas from Axiom Telecom LLC.
- Matar Mehairi from DEWA.
- Anthony Lynsdale from Atlantis, The Palm.
- Noman Rasheed from Dubai Islamic Bank.
- Mohammed Shabeer from GEMS Education.
- Badr Buhannad from Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority.
- Wael El Khatib from ENOVA by Veolia.
- Zaheer Mubarak Shaikh from Al Maryah Community Bank.
- Himanshu Chauhan from Gulf Healthcare International.
- Abdulrahman AlTenaiji from Dubai Airport.
- Sanjay Sharma from Jumeirah Group.
- Wael Othman from Rotana Hotel Management Corporation PJSC.
- Prasand Gopakumar from RAK Public Service Department.
- Ayman M. Alqudsi from United Arab Bank.
- Hisham Mohammed Kamel Airan from Dubai Taxi Corporation.
- Veneeth Purushotaman from Aster DM Healthcare.
- HE Noor Al Noman from Government of Sharjah- Department of eGovernment.