Dubai, UAE., January 3, 2021: Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced its position as a Visionary in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.
- Gartner defines a vendor in the Visionaries Quadrantas one that “demonstrates an ability to increase features in its offering to provide a unique and differentiated approach to the market. A Visionary will have innovated in one or more of the key areas of access layer technologies within the enterprise (for example, security, management or operational efficiency). The ability to apply differentiating functionality across the entire access layer will affect its position.”
- Fortinet believes this placement, coupled with the cybersecurity provider’s legacy as an innovator, is further reinforcement that Fortinet and its Security-driven Networking strategy delivers a unique and differentiated approach to the infrastructure market.
- Fortinet’s Security-driven Networking approach to wired and wireless networking provides customers with a feature-rich offering that is secure by design and not by add-on, integrates into a larger platform to reduce complexity, and increases features without additional licensing to best address IT’s long-term TCO goals.
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet said, “LAN Edge connectivity is foundational to digital innovation, but complexity often makes it difficult to support and secure. Fortinet technology simplifies management while increasing the security of the network by tightly integrating an organisation’s network infrastructure and security architecture. We believe that our ability to execute our Security-driven Networking approach enables us to offer customers a simplified and secure, user experience. We also believe our Security-driven Networking approach is why Fortinet is placed as one of two companies in the Visionary Quadrant in the 2020 Gartner Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure Magic Quadrant”.
Fortinet’s vision is based upon the key tenets of:
- Reduced Cost:Fortinet LAN Edge solutions reduce overall TCO and eliminates overlays by bundling features into FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls without the need for licenses. Even Network Access Control features can be enabled without the need for costly licenses.
- Simplified Management:Fortinet LAN Edge solutions simplify management by utilising a single management platform for LAN and network security. IT cycles are minimised by having a consolidated location to manage aspects of the network.
- Reduced Complexity: Fortinet LAN Edge solutions reduce complexity by centralising LAN management and security functions into the FortiGate Next-generation Firewall. A single view of complex LAN networks makes for easier management with less worry about unintended disruptions.
Fortinet’s approach enables a unique take on the LAN edge that leverages FortiGate Next-generation Firewall capabilities as a network controller, offering consolidated visibility and centralised management and reporting to ease management and simplify deployment and provisioning.
Fortinet Solves Customers’ Biggest LAN Challenges
Fortinet has been named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure for three years in a row. This Gartner Customers’ Choice recognition is based on the ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals. Fortinet believes that this additional customer validation further highlights that Fortinet’s simple, secure, and scalable approach to LAN Edge resonates with customers. Building off the power of Security-driven Networking and our industry-leading FortiGate Next-generation Firewall, Fortinet offers a LAN Edge solution that can scale to any deployment’s needs, from campus to branch to the remote worker.