Twitter has rolled out a refreshed and updated website.
According to the social media firm, Twitter.com has been revamped to make the platform faster, easier to navigate and more personalised.
“The site has an updated look and feel that is more consistent with the Twitter you see on other devices, making it easier to access some of your favorite features, and with more options to make it your own,” the company said in a statement.
Twitter highlighted that it has been testing various aspects of the new features for a while to ensure that new site reflected how users experience Twitter.
“Thanks to hundreds of thousands of responses we received during those tests, Twitter.com’s features make conversations easier to find and follow – and just a bit more fun,” it said.
Here are the new features rolled out by Twitter:
– Twitter is bringing the Explore feature from its mobile app to desktop; users can expect more live video and local moments personalised for wherever they are in the world. Get context with profile information within conversations and check out Top Trends in any view.
– The top navigation bar has been moved to the side making it easier and faster to jump between different tabs.
– Direct Messages have been expanded enabling users to see conversations and send messages all from the same view.
– Switching between multiple profiles can also be done via the sidebar.
– Users can now opt from two new dark mode options, as well as different themes and colour schemes.
“Today is a big step as we continue building Twitter to best serve the people who use it every day. This update also gives us a much stronger foundation to build on so we can continue to bring you updated features faster than before,” the company said.