Infor, the industry cloud company, has announced a series of new platform technology innovations and enhancements to its industry-specific CloudSuites, which are designed to help organisations operate more quickly, efficiently and dynamically than ever before.
These innovations are part of Infor’s new bi-annual cycle for major product releases. The new product-release cycle will help organisations better plan for onboarding the new technologies that will help them transform their businesses and better serve their customers.
Soma Somasundaram, Infor President & CTO, said, “The innovations that we are delivering with our October release will enable customers to boost agility, leverage data-driven insights for improved decision-making and get access to industry-specific solutions out of the box. They are designed to help customers automate business processes, achieve business results faster and pave the way for business transformation”.
The new products and technology in the Infor October release deliver to customers:
- complete, industry-specific solutions,
- a digitally enabled open platform that enables ease of integration, and
- hyper-productive workflows that improve time to value.
New Infor CloudSuite for Industrial Manufacturing Enhancements
Infor is enhancing its CloudSuite solution for Industrial Manufacturing by introducing new capabilities that will help customers handle unique product configurations, boost productivity and build agile supply chains:
- Configurable Product Workspace: To answer increasing demands for unique product configurations using Configure Price Quote (CPQ), the new Customer Service Workspace provides representatives with a single personalised screen for configurable products. This customisable, role-based workspace includes quote valuation, won-lost, quote aging, and related sales orders for configured products.
- Material Overage Management: The close connection between Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Infor’s CloudSuites helps manufacturers analyse how part changes can affect the remainder of a product. This lets them find substitute parts in different systems, making it easier to manage changes, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies throughout.
- Enterprise Collaboration Portal: Collaborating with businesses to procure third-party services from suppliers and sub-contractors is crucial for many manufacturers. With this Enterprise Portal, sub-contractors gain the ability to review, accept, or decline orders, request payment, and collaborate seamlessly on cross-functional order transactions through the Portal. New functionality provides a comprehensive communication history and expedited response functionality while also managing required insurance and compliance documents in one place.
New Infor CloudSuite Distribution Enhancements
Infor is enhancing its CloudSuite solution for Distribution by introducing new capabilities that will help distributors keep pace with customer demands, improve their visibility and capacity for profitable growth, and control costs with advanced supply chain management:
- Product Attribution Service: The new service enables unique attributes and attribute groups to be assigned to products in Infor CloudSuite Distribution. This new capability improves sort, filter and search functionality and expedites customers’ ability to capture and store product data – improving the overall ERP eCommerce experience.
- Product 360: With this new capability, distributors can create centralized dashboards to streamline the product journey. The enhanced dashboards improve the visibility of product-specific details on a single screen by providing insightful KPI and data analysis in one place. Product Certificate Management: This new capability will enable distributors to determine which product-related documents need to be received from the vendor or delivered to the customer. The solution will enable Infor CloudSuite Distribution users to determine which customers will receive specific documents, when they need them, and how they will be delivered. Ultimately, this will streamline the distributor’s ability to provide a higher level of customer service.
- Supplier Portal: This helps distributors better communicate with suppliers to support a seamless manufacturing and distribution journey. The newly embedded self-service digital collaboration tool connects businesses and suppliers for more effective communication, eliminating confusion and improving precise manufacturing with order confirmation, advanced shipping notice, and transport notifications.
Learn more by visiting Infor’s Industrial Manufacturing industry solution webpage.
New Infor Platform Technology Innovations
Enterprise Automation, featuring Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
As part of the October release, Infor announced its Infor Enterprise Automation solution, a set of Infor Operating Service (Infor OS) multi-tenant cloud services, built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), which are designed to help companies rapidly scale automation across their organisations by connecting data integration, artificial Intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML), and robotic process automation (RPA) capabilities into a single platform.
Infor’s Enterprise Automation solution is unique because it delivers automation capabilities through a single composable platform, Infor OS, which connects systems and people through back-end automation, decision automation and – with the release of Infor RPA – front-end automation.
Learn more by visiting Infor’s Enterprise Automation webpage.