Qualys has unveiled its Private Cloud Platform Appliance (PCPA), a new managed on-premise security and compliance solution for medium-sized companies.
According to the company, this newest member of the Private Cloud Platform (PCP) family offers robust private cloud security and compliance services with scanning capacity in a new high-performance, purpose-built 1U appliance.
Often organisations are required to maintain customer data within specific geographic locations.
Qualys PCPA is designed to help mid-sized organisations keep security and compliance information locally, within their data centers or a partner’s, without sacrificing the value of managed cloud services.
Qualys PCPA offers the full benefits of the Qualys Cloud Platform suite as a managed, monitored service, securely maintained by Qualys within an organisation’s data centre. It supports both scanners and cloud agents, and includes a comprehensive, integrated suite of Qualys apps for automating asset discovery, security assessments and compliance management, including: AssetView, Vulnerability Management, Continuous Monitoring, ThreatPROTECT, Web Application Scanning, Web Application Firewall, Policy Compliance and Security Assessment Questionnaire.
Qualys PCPA features:
- A compact, cost-effective private cloud solution built to meet the needs of midmarket businesses
- Smaller version of the Qualys PCP family of products with the same security, performance and compliance capabilities
- A turnkey, easy-to-install appliance that meets regulatory data location requirements and internal policies
- End-to-end, in-transit and in-storage data encryption
- A purpose-built hardware appliance form factor, fully managed by Qualys
“The new PCPA allows us to extend our security and compliance solutions to more effectively compete in environments where our current private cloud offering is too expensive for mid-sized companies,” said Philippe Courtot, Chairman and CEO, Qualys.
The current version of PCPA allows customers to scan up to 30,000 IPs for vulnerability management and up to 30,000 IPs for policy compliance within a 24 hour period. In addition, PCPA can regularly scan up to 3,000 web applications, depending on their size and complexity.