D-Link Middle East is primed to transform the connectivity landscape in the region through its innovative and next-gen Wi-Fi 6 routers.
The latest version of Wi-Fi, also known as AX Wi-Fi or 802.11ax Wi-FI, offers users the opportunity to achieve speedier and even more efficient performance from routers and other devices. Wi-Fi 6, introduced in the market in 2019, greatly expands and enriches the current 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard.
According to research firm IDC, Wi-Fi 6 will offer extensive benefits to a vast number of users and use cases. The most important advantages will be seen in areas with high densities of users or client devices connecting to and transferring data over wireless networks. The research firm states that businesses that face these challenges will be the first adopters of the technology while others will integrate it as part of regular cyclical refreshes of WLAN hardware upgrades.
In order to truly capitalise on the advantages of Wi-Fi 6, it is necessary for users to invest in new hardware as Wi-Fi standards not only rely on software upgrades.
Unlike the existing 11ac wireless standard that operates only in the 5 GHz range, Wi-Fi 6 fully utilises both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. It also comes with 1024 QAM to boost throughput to devices by up to 25%, and 160 MHz contiguous channel width for even more bandwidth.
Ground-breaking Wi-Fi 6 routers from D-Link include two of its flagship products – DIR-X1560 EXO AX AX1500 and DIR-X1860 EXO AX AX1800.
The devices are powered with the following features:
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
- Next gen speeds up to AX1800 (1200 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band)
- Dual-band Wi-Fi with up to 4 simultaneous streams makes 4K streaming, gaming or video chatting a breeze
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing lag
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port provide optional wired connectivity
- Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) prioritises network traffic to minimise the impact of busy bandwidth
- Backwards compatibility ensures support for previous Wi-Fi standards and all Wi-Fi devices
- Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time technology
- Supports the latest 128-bit industry-standard Wi-Fi encryption
- Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
- Works with the D-Link Wi-Fi App for easy setup and enhanced parental controls
The DIR-X1860 also sports BSS coloring technology, which reduces interference in ‘noisy’ Wi-Fi environments, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi spectrum.
Sakkeer Hussain, director, Sales and Marketing, D-Link Middle East, said, “Wi-Fi 6 and its continued evolution will dominate the future of connectivity. At D-Link, we are helping our customers to navigate this future with superior quality products and services. Together with our specialised channel partner base, we are committed to assisting customers achieve outstanding business performance by offering innovation at their fingertips.”