Organisations around the world are turning to automation to become faster and more agile in the face of increased demand and rapidly changing environments. From managing high volumes of testing results to supporting the increased need in call centres to preparing and enabling a remote workforce, organisations are realising the benefits of automating right now.
To support this need in a fast-changing world, UiPath, the leading enterprise Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software company, is donating until the end of September 2020 free RPA software to healthcare and public sector organisations across the Middle East region to accelerate critical processes and free up strapped employees so they can more rapidly respond to issues arising as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“UiPath has been early to rally to the global efforts addressing the COVID-19 crisis, and regionally we are strongly committed to provide not only technology and technical support, but also impart the global experiences we have gained in a very short time,” said Karan Dixit, Regional Vice President Middle East and Africa at UiPath. “Our RPA platform is now available to doctors and nurses processing huge amounts of medical tests, government officials dealing with unprecedented volumes of welfare requests, and customers in vital areas such as retail or aviation that had their businesses change model from one day to the other.”
Responding to COVID-19 with RPA
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, organisations and healthcare institutions around the world are facing extreme challenges – from hospital backlogs to influx in demands to business continuity challenges. RPA is offering relief to overwhelmed organisations, and is already being used by UiPath customers to automate processes such as:
- Managing the high volume of testing requests: Automating the check-in process in the healthcare industry eliminates human error and allows digital paperwork to be processed quickly and accurately, ensuring faster service.
- Reducing wait time for testing requests: The demand for testing is exponential, and in some cases can lead to six-hour-long lines. An attended robot can execute a testing transaction in 15 seconds, down from 2.5 minutes for a human, significantly reducing wait times.
- Filling orders for necessities faster: To meet the exponential increase in demand for certain items, one customer is now shipping directly from the manufacturing location to the customer. RPA robots process all orders and enter them into SAP to get the order to the manufacturing centre faster.
- Supporting the increased need in call centres: Agents supported by RPA are pulling customer data faster, ensuring a faster call triage process, faster routing to the appropriate agents, and reduced average call handling time.
- Preparing and enabling a remote workforce: Automating the process of registering new equipment for remote workers, as well as associating the equipment to the worker and creating new users for the VPN.
Organisations across industries – including healthcare, insurance, government, retail, banking, and transportation – are using UiPath software robots to address the influx of demands brought on by COVID-19.
- The Mater Hospital in Dublin is using UiPath’s attended robots to process COVID-19 testing kits in a fraction of the time. The hospital not only receives patients’ results in near real time, but significantly reduces the administrative strain placed upon its Infection Prevention and Control Department. By giving a robot to every nurse, the department saves three hours per day so medical personnel can spend more time taking care of patients rather than completing paperwork.
- Healthcare workers are spending hours on administrative work to properly add the new patient, record the patient data, and report it to the CDC. To aid with this entire process, one of the largest hospitals in the U.S. quickly deployed a UiPath attended robot, and as a result, hospital backlogs have been reduced, eight to nine minutes per patient are saved, and costly manual errors have been eliminated.
- Because hand sanitizer can play an important role in stopping the spread of COVID-19, a hygienic company has seen a 10x influx of orders. Their team in China usually processes the orders in SAP but could not keep up with the spike in demand – especially with some of the team not available to work due to quarantines. The team added 20 UiPath unattended robots to handle the volume and meet a growing market need.
- An insurance company has experienced a huge volume increase due to the number of staff needs that needs to work virtually – specially in Remote Access Services (RAS), which is necessary in order to be able to work from home. The company created seven robots to support massive Service Now transactions, RAS, and Enterprise Mobility Services. Business continuity is now a reality as their teams can serve their customers remotely.
For more information about how UiPath’s RPA is helping organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit https://www.uipath.com/resources/covid-automations.
UiPath would like to help in any way possible. If you have an idea UiPath should tackle, or if your organisation is facing challenges during these extraordinary times, please contact the UiPath’s team.