Dubai, UAE, September 23, 2021: AppDynamics today announced a significant shift in the company’s go-to-market strategy and introduced some important modifications to the existing Global Partner Program to underpin that change.
The market opportunity for full-stack observability continues to grow at break-neck speed as technologists battle on multiple fronts including, keeping pace with rapid digital transformation projects, managing increasing complexity across the IT stack and filtering overwhelming data noise. Visibility of IT performance and health across the entire IT stack, and the ability to correlate this with business outcomes, has never been more critical. But the clock is ticking for enterprises to leverage the benefits and competitive advantage that full-stack observability promises.
In a recent AppDynamics report — The Agents of Transformation 2021: The rise of full-stack observability — 83% of UAE technologists stated that the inability to connect full-stack observability with business outcomes would be detrimental to their business this year. Worryingly, 67% confirmed they lacked the strategy and tools to effectively measure how technology decisions impact business outcomes.
“As part of Cisco’s vision for full-stack observability, AppDynamics is perfectly poised to help enterprises overcome these challenges and realise the benefits to their business of deploying full-stack observability with business context”, commented Mark Maslach, Vice President, Global Channels and Strategic Alliances at Cisco AppDynamics. “But for AppDynamics to maximise this opportunity and help partners and technologists to fully exploit their potential, we recognise that we need to make some updates to our partner program”.
Key updates to the AppDynamics partner program include:
- 100% channel-centric route to market: AppDynamics will transition from a mixed ‘direct and indirect’ sales model to a 100% channel-centric route to market. This will provide closer alignment to Cisco’s sales motion and gives partners the confidence and opportunity to build out full-stack observability practices with AppDynamics and Cisco.
- A new ‘Elite’ level added to the Global Partner Program: To make this transition a reality AppDynamics has created a three-tier structure with a new top-tier ‘Elite’ partner category added to the existing ‘Alliance’ and ‘Titan’ levels. The Elite level is designed for the largest Global Partners and creates the optimal conditions to fully exploit the full-stack observability market opportunity across AppDynamics and the wider Cisco portfolio.
The modifications to the Global Partner Program will benefit partners at all levels, offering more tailored support and improved opportunities for growth, enabling them to better serve customers and rapidly advance critical digital transformation projects. AppDynamics has changed the support model around all three tiers to make sure that it has the right sales engineering, channel engineering, marketing support and channel account manager support to meet the needs of every partner.
AppDynamics partners will enjoy additional upgrades to the Global Partner Program, focused on enhancing the experience. These features include:
- Stackable Margins: AppDynamics is shifting to “stackable margins”, enabling more involved/active partners to be increasingly profitable and rewarded based on their work with AppDynamics.
- Expanded Rebates Program: Elite and Titan partners are now able to earn per deal rebates through the updated program.
- Redesigned FastPath Program: Partners can now better co-invest with AppDynamics across several categories, including funded headcount, case studies, training & certification, and more.
- Improved Access to MDF: Eligible partners can access MDF (market development funds) through a new Funds Manager platform which will improve partners’ overall experience and make it simpler to request funding to help drive customer and solution interest for their partner’s AppDynamics practice.
- Updated Training and Sales Support: AppDynamics is investing in expanded training and sales support. For the first time, partners will be able to participate in AppDynamics sales and engineering boot camps, providing them with the deep levels of expertise and product knowledge necessary to fully maximise the potential of the AppDynamics and Cisco product portfolio.
This range of new incentives is designed to reward partners for the additional effort and activity they put into opportunities and closing deals. The closer partners align with AppDynamics and the company’s processes, the more profitable their deals become. It is also intended to benefit partners across the globe as AppDynamics expands its global footprint.
“This new approach is a bold and exciting way forward. Our strategy for success lies with enhanced collaboration with our partners and continuing deeper alignment with Cisco and its sales motion. This is the right time to unleash the potential of our partners and maximise the opportunity for full-stack observability”, concluded Mark.