HID Global has announced the launch of new solutions that aims to secure Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
According to the company, the new releases can also improve the convenience and effectiveness of monitoring heating and cooling systems, along with a variety of manufacturing and safety equipment. The Trusted Tag Services solution for Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) joins HID Global’s trusted identity solutions that solve key challenges faced by facility managers in an IoT and smart building ecosystem. The new solution provides secure “proof of presence” of maintenance and inspection teams to automate and drastically simplify service order management.
HID Global highlights that Trusted Tag Services solution seamlessly integrates with CMMS systems to link physical assets to cloud-based maintenance systems and IoT applications. This automates service calls, with a simple tap of a mobile device, to streamline monitoring and maintenance of fire safety, back-office systems and cafeteria equipment. The offering enables field service teams to easily acquire service history and repair manuals, as well as open service tickets and confirm service call times, duration and status. All service events can be monitored and tracked locally, regionally or globally using a mobile device. The solution can also be used to more effectively manage compliance and inspection workflows for regulated equipment.
“HID Global is known for leveraging the power of mobile to protect people, assets and data, and we continue to drive innovation with new HID Trusted Tag Services use cases that meet the expanding requirements of today’s facility manager,” said Mark Robinton, Director of Business Development and Strategic Innovation with HID Global. “HID Trusted Tag Services is the missing link to take a CMMS to the next level for secure, intuitive and mobile management of high-value facilities equipment and assets across an organisation. Optimising facility operations is now an imperative, and HID Global is ahead of the demand curve with offerings that help make buildings smarter.”
The HID Trusted Tag Services solution for CMMS extends HID Global’s broad set of complementary solutions that secure IoT applications and facilitate smart building environments:
- Automate maintenance and inspection processes: For facilities equipment, heating and cooling, sprinklers, fire extinguishers, data centers, IT equipment, video surveillance systems and other building systems with HID Trusted Tag Services for CMMS.
- Proving presence at security guard tours: HID Trusted Tag Services securely automates guard patrol rounds with a tap of their mobile phone to trusted tags placed at security checkpoints to log their tour. Key management, security patrol and contractor services can be managed via a single interface to deliver more accurate and actionable information in real time.
- Using smartphones to open doors, gates, and smart building services: HID Mobile Access is transforming the facility manager and tenant experience by enabling users to open doors with smartphones and activate HVAC, lighting and other building systems.
- Providing convenient and secure access to data, and cloud-based applications: Building occupants can use ActivID Tap Authentication for Microsoft to authenticate to applications and services by simply tapping mobile devices with the same smart cards that are used to open doors.
- Integrating seamlessly with other secure services in the smart building: HID Global’s embedded solutions extend the use of trusted identities to automate and increase security for applications including time and attendance, secure print management, elevator access, cashless vending, and other common building occupant applications.