Jon Bove, Vice President – Channel at Fortinet, speaks to Anita Joseph, Editor at Reseller Middle East in an exclusive interview about the updates to Fortinet’s Engage Partner Program and how it is empowering channel partners to differentiate their product offerings and resonate better with customers.
Tell us about the updates to the Fortinet Engage Partner Program. What’s new?
With hybrid workforces, highly distributed network infrastructures and new digital innovations, organizations find that securing all their environments is becoming increasingly complex if they don’t have the right technology and trusted advisors to lean on. To further enable channel partners to address these customer needs, the Engage 2.0 Partner Program will now include:
- New Consumption Models: Fortinet is continuing to enable MSSP and SP partners to build services and grow their business leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric with new consumption models for FortiSIEM, FortiEDR, FortiClient, FortiSOAR, FortiAI and FortiDeceptor.
- Enhanced Cloud Partner Benefits: The Engage Partner Program allows partners to engage as an integrator, MSSP or cloud partner. For cloud partners, Fortinet is adding additional ways they can take advantage of the various routes to market leveraging Fortinet’s Adaptive Cloud Security offerings. Managed cloud service provider partners are now immediately eligible for the Engage Select Cloud Business Model.
- Additional Specializations: Fortinet is introducing new specializations focused on high-growth areas with additions including Zero Trust Access, Operational Technology and Security Operations. Specializations help partners further distinguish their expertise among current and potential customers as trusted partners who have the knowledge, services and technologies to fulfill customer business needs.
- Updated NSE Courses to Meet Compliance Requirements: Fortinet’s NSE training courses and eight-level Certification Program, which are free to all Fortinet partners, have been updated allowing partners to meet more compliance requirements.
With technology rapidly changing the business landscape, product differentiation, integration and diversification are critical for survival. How is Fortinet supporting its partner community in these areas?
As organizations embrace digital innovation, it can also introduce network complexities and security concerns. Fortinet’s channel partners play a critical role in helping customers address and navigate some of today’s biggest cybersecurity challenges. The Fortinet Engage Partner Program helps partners develop the expertise needed to deliver digital transformation through customizable programs with business opportunity as well as the programs and infrastructure in place to accelerate their growth. Partners are also provided flexibility to engage on three business levels: Integrator, MSSP, or Cloud, which provide multiple opportunities to grow different segments of their business, as well as multiple ways to differentiate their offerings with specializations.
In the increasingly competitive world of cyber security, how is Fortinet enabling its partner community to enhance its profile as security leaders?
The Fortinet Engage 2.0 Partner Program allows partners to develop the expertise needed to deliver on the promise of digital transformation through a customizable program with market-leading profitability and the programs and infrastructure in place to accelerate their growth. The partner program is based on three basic concepts to help them engage and succeed in today’s new security environment:
- Engagement – you choose what kinds of expertise you want to develop and the benefits you want to enjoy, so you have more control than ever over your success with Fortinet.
- Business Model – you can choose to engage with us in any or all of our three business models: Integrator, MSSP, or Marketplace. Each one has benefits that will help you grow that segment of your business.
- Specializations – Engage sets you up for success with a path to expertise for the solutions that are driving demand in today’s fast-paced security environment, including SD-WAN, Dynamic Cloud, Data Center, and Secure Access and SD-Branch.
What are the opportunities you see in the market, for the channel community?
Fortinet works closely with its channel partners to untap new opportunities and expand business growth together. It does this through its Engage Partner Program – designed to better prepare Fortinet partners to effectively engage and succeed in today’s new security environments – and through various enablement initiatives. Fortinet is proud to provide partners with a valuable, flexible platform to build a profitable and highly-differentiated security practice that leverages the industry’s best solutions to drive customer success. Fortinet’s partner enablement initiatives, along with industry-leading security products and solutions, allow partners to meet customer demands and set them up for success, regardless of their size or business objectives. Fortinet has also implemented new ways for partners to leverage Fortinet’s Adaptive Cloud Security offerings. Managed cloud service provider partners are also now eligible for the Engage Select Cloud Business Model and for additional discounts on Fortinet’s flexible licensing models, including BYOL and pay-as-you-go. Cloud partners now also gain access to FortiCWP and FNDN. These new benefits will result in cost savings as partners expand their cloud security services powered by Fortinet.
What are your channel plans for 2021 and beyond, particularly as far as customer relations and value-added service offerings are concerned?
Fortinet has always been committed to not only providing the security that businesses need today, but in anticipating the security needs of tomorrow. Fortinet introduced four specializations last year, including Secure SD-WAN, Data Center, Adaptive Cloud Security, and LAN Edge and SD-Branch. The introduction of these new specializations is representative of the rapidly growing market areas that customers are searching for expertise on. Fortinet’s new specializations are focused on high growth areas with additions including: Zero Trust Access, Operational Technology and Security Operations. They will further enable channel partners to differentiate their skill sets and knowledge in these fast-growing areas that customers rely on trusted advisors for.