EMC Corporation has announced that it is enabling EMC Velocity distributors worldwide with the skills and resources required to assemble multi-vendor solutions that feature EMC’s unified storage systems and next-generation backup solutions.
Distributors worldwide will be provided with the technical training, proven methodologies and the backing of EMC’s Global Services organisation so they may assemble EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure and other solutions for their reseller partners, the company said. By receiving a pre-assembled, proven solution on-site that has been customised to meet the customer’s specific business needs, reseller partners can immediately focus on accelerating the installation and implementation so that its customers can realize the benefits of the solution faster.
The new assembly capability for distributors builds on EMC’s commitment to provide choice for how partners assemble multi-vendor solutions. It also enables partners to accelerate their profitability by focusing on value-added services to more quickly deploy the solution to meet specific customer needs. The announcement follows a string of other new EMC initiatives developed to help channel partners worldwide accelerate their customers’ journey to the cloud. These include VSPEX Proven Infrastructure, as well as Velocity Cloud Practices––Cloud Builder and Cloud Provider–– and EMC Cooperative Services, which were announced at the first annual Global Partner Summit held at EMC World in May.
According to EMC, benefits to resellers and customers include:
- Faster, easier, and more efficient implementations of multi-vendor solutions like VSPEX that are built on EMC VNX and VNXe unified storage systems, EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems and Avamar deduplication backup software and systems
- More efficient use of resources that focus on high-value configuration, reduced implementation time, and integration services specific to customer needs
- Confidence of a validated solution assembled to their specific requirements by EMC-trained professional
- Simplified logistics by reducing the need to receive and track numerous components for multi-vendor solutions.
In addition, the company reported benefits to distribution partners that include:
- EMC Velocity distributors that offer assembly services can better support many of their reseller partners by delivering pre-built, multi-vendor solutions such as VSPEX that include EMC technology;
- EMC is providing distributors with free training and tools that support assembly of solutions built on the EMC VNX family of unified storage solutions, and Data Domain and Avamar backup and recovery solutions; and
- EMC is also providing distributors with online access to installation guides and tools, the backing of EMC Customer Support Services, and EMC’s validation of their qualified status.
“EMC’s new assembly services capability gives our Velocity distribution Partners a new opportunity to support their resellers by delivering solutions that are tailored to specific customer requirements. Today’s announcement reinforces EMC’s commitment to our valued channel Partners worldwide. We will continue to add more programs and capabilities that provide our distributors and resellers with predictable and profitable ways to add value to their customers and help accelerate their IT and business transformations,” said Daniel Coetsier, VP, Global Services, Channel and Partners at EMC Corporation