HP Inc. has unveiled the OMEN X by HP Laptop. It is built for gaming enthusiasts and esports athletes seeking maximum performance. The laptop is engineered with the thermals to support unlocked CPUs to allow for overclocking, and factory-overclocked GPUs and memory options for decent gaming performance.
Studying how gamers compete at the highest levels, HP said that it created a device to respond to their needs, while delivering high-end components, advanced thermal solutions, fast and responsive displays, a fully customisable mechanical keyboard, and software tools that let gamers push the Omen X Laptop hardware to the limit.
“Esports is one of the fastest growing categories in gaming and we are excited by the popularity of HP’s OMEN family of products,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “With the release of the OMEN X Laptop, HP is bringing key innovations to performance, industrial design and customizability that were once only possible on a desktop, to give gamers a competitive edge.”
The laptop sports the following features:
The OMEN Command Center Software to custom tune and push hardware to its limits, with the ability to manage CPU overclocking; optimise gaming network traffic with a network booster to reduce latency in online games; and, customise system lighting to streamline gaming controls.
Intel 7th gen unlocked Intel Core i7 CPU, XMP memory options for memory overclocking and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked GPUs up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 – ideal for fast-paced or multi-player games running at 4K resolutions.
RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast boot and game loading and PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity.
Thermal management to push high-end hardware beyond factory settings, including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes to improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear corner-mounted radiators.
Gaming is an immersive experience, so HP optimised the OMEN X Laptop to be VR ready on all configurations and includes features that enhance gameplay and limit outside distractions for full immersion:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches to provide instant feedback and comfort for intense gaming sessions; RGB LED per key for customisable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
- 17-inch diagonal 4K display option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync enabled for reduced image tearing
- DTS Headphone:X for simulated surround sound with any headset and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers
- A translucent window to see inside the laptop, along with custom lighting and an aluminum finish for a premium look and feel that can be personalized and customised for the individual gamer
To give gamers a constant edge on the competition, the OMEN X Laptop is crafted for expansion with easy upgrading of the system capabilities or swapping parts:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Generous port selection with support for up to four external displays
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with: three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
The OMEN X Laptop is expected to be available in EMEA in November, starting at €2,799.