Following extensive development and the integration of many new features and enhancements based on user feedback and requests, Vipre Business 5.0 proves that comprehensive malware protection does not have to be difficult to deploy, time-consuming to manage or a drain on system resources to be effective, the company said.
“At a time when IT security in the workplace has never been more critical, our philosophy and approach to antivirus software continues to be in stark contrast to our competitors,” said John Spoor, channel sales manager MEA, GFI Software. “Our focus continues to be on refining Vipre to deliver superior performance and protection, through a solution that is easier to deploy, easier to manage and more effective at detecting and stopping threats than ever before.”
Enhancements to Vipre Business, include:
- Incompatible Software Removal – Seamlessly integrated into a newly streamlined installation process, the incompatible software removal tool enables IT admins to deploy Vipre Business in an environment free of other antivirus agents. This technology is provided free of charge, and it is ideal for IT admins removing numerous agents across a network, as well as to ensure a completely clean testing environment when evaluating a 30-day, full-featured trial of the product.
- Windows Firewall Auto-Configuration – The new Vipre Business installation process automatically configures and provisions Windows Firewall settings on all endpoints to ensure communication with all deployed VIipre agents, removing another time-consuming task IT admins may face when managing an antivirus solution.
- Integrated Database – Vipre Business also eliminates the need for any database configuration by IT admins. It employs an integrated database that further accelerates the installation process and eases administration. IT admins can also use their own Microsoft SQL database instance.
- Auditing and Reporting – IT admins have complete insight into any changes made to VIPRE Business’ security settings. This aids in policy enforcement, regulatory compliance and e-discovery.
- Remote Management – Vipre Business provides an improved communication layer for IT admins, VARs and MSPs remotely managing antivirus solutions across multiple networks and locations.
- Enhanced Management Console – An updated user interface makes managing endpoints even easier.