A regional increase in the ‘bring your own device’ or BYOD trend within the Middle East’s workplaces bodes well for Dell’s highly anticipated,XPS 13 laptop – now available for customers across the region.
Dell Middle East’s channel partners anticipate ‘strong demand’ for the system — first announced at the US Consumer Electronics Show – and early buzz about the unit, which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology, the company said – has been overwhelmingly positive.
“The increasing mobility of professionals and the design-savvy, entrepreneurial market within the Middle East make the Dell XPS 13 – a system that is unlike anything else on the market today – an extremely attractive proposition,” Pearce Clune, marketing director, EMEA product strategy. “The XPS 13 delivers both performance and sleek design while crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package. It’s the ultimate mobile device for a highly-connected region like the Middle East.”
Weighing less than three pounds, the XPS 13 Ultrabook cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is the one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning GorillaGlass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fibre base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for maximum productivity.
A CES 2012, the Dell XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel Smart Connect Technology, which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and IntelRapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
“Intel understands that consumers in this region require fast, reliable access to new content, which is why we are delighted to partner with Dell on delivering the new XPS 13 to the wider Middle East,” said Khaldoun Aboul-Saoud, regional manager for markets development, Intel. “The increasingly blurred line between business and home technology use and the trend within the Middle East which sees tens of thousands of professionals taking mobile devices with them for work and play around the region make the new XPS 13, with its proven Intel technology, an ideal fit for customers here.”
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs (1.36kg)
- 13.3-in (33.8 cm)(HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla Glass
- Precision crafted machined aluminium with a carbon fibre base
- 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive optionswith Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
- Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery life; 45W AC adaptor
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
- 100GB of cloud storage through Dell DataSafe
- 12-month Skype Premium subscription
The XPS 13 is available in the Gulf region through all leading retailers at a starting price of AED 4,899 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard driveand 4GB memory.